Tuesday, December 4, 2007

day +77 post transplant


I am writing this entry while waiting the infused medication to finish ( 11 bottles of infusion at a snail pace). Yesterday, there were a lot of development. Some were joyful but most were painful.
1. I was shocked when I was told that I have evidence of CMV (Cytomegalovirus) reactivation from the lab result. (Most people have exposure to this virus, but in immune deficient case like me, the virus can be reactivated and cause disease). But later, I was slightly relieved when the doctor explained that it didn't pose symptomatic disease yet, at least....and most of the time it can be well managed by daily infusion of anti viral. That means I have to get the infusion everyday including Saturday and Sunday, at least for the 2 or 3 weeks.

2. I started to feel not quite right when I noticed the exit site of my Hickman's catheter on my chest kept always "wet" and with surrounding pain. I told the staff yesterday and they seem agreed that I should have the catheter taken out. Good news that I will never have that inconvenience and tedious care of the catheter anymore...but I never knew that the removal of catheter experience was that horrible. I was so tensed and paled and sweating and wish I will not have that kind of experience anymore. (Usually, after sometime, the catheter will have at its certain portion strongly stick to the surrounding tissue making it quite resistant during removal. Ironically, some patients did not feel much pain...may be in my case there was ongoing inflammation/ infection adding to the extra pain). True enough, there was slight pus came out from the catheter tract.

3. And with the removal of the catheter, I will be poked everyday for drug infusion. (Better still).
I feel much better today, the nausea is a bit less and I have more energy.


7 comments:

MC said...

3 cheers to you, Wolfy!
You are much more cheerful today and your big laugh made our day.

Things will be getting better. Go slow.

Anonymous said...

Hallo Bro.

I'm again..don't remember me ha?...Please don't worry that virus thing r tiny in size!!..even your hand r bigger ma!!

We all support u (moral la..money X dela)..

Ok..take care ..

bye

Bloodman70 said...

Be strong Razak.
God bless.

Dr Sangkar
UMMC

Anonymous said...

Hey Wolf,

another crazy day, I see. up and down and up and down again and you wonder how much more you can take, no? well, Wolf, every day you are one step closer, so keep smiling and remember you are not alone! the gang is with you all the time.

Rest now; glad you are feeling better.

CAO- Chef Azura othman said...

Dr Razak,I know you are one strong person, Remember that you have so many friends and unknown supporters (like me) who supports and praying for your health and always will.

Anonymous said...

reading ur blog for quite sometimes. i hope u'll be strong and made this journey through safely

MC said...

Wolfy is always doing great and he is the real hero!

Wolfy - hope to be able to see you (although from far) on this coming weekend! The gang miss you!