Monday, November 3, 2008

pediatric ward visit

As like last year, we at MaxFamily are planning to do another charity visit to the Oncology Ward in Pediatric Institute (also place where I am currently working) this coming December. I did not manage to join last year since I was still in the recovery and 'confinement' period after the transplant. I knew the event was quite significant as the kids in the ward were really enjoyed our visit and the gifts that we brought for them.
I started emailing all my friend if they interested to contribute anything as we may want these unfortunate kids to be happy, as happy as we were during our past childhood times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear dr Razak,

Absolutely!!!

Glad also to read that you're able to work and can join them that day, this means that your medical condition is much better!

I like to share here with you and the pediatric ward this soothing poem from an African friend in Uganda:

Today I smiled, and all at once
Things didn't look so bad.
Today I shared with someone else,
A little bit of hope I had.

Today I sang a little song,
And felt my heart grow light.
I walked a happy little mile,
With not a cloud in sight.

Today I worked with what I had,
And longed for nothing more,
And what had seemed like only weeds,
Were flowers at my door.

Today I loved a little more,
And complained a little less.
And in the giving of myself,
I forgot my weariness.

Wishing You Many Smiles
Today and Everyday!

Warm regards,
dr Ann (Hematologist, Antwerp, Belgium)

ajak said...

nice poem ann. thank you

Anonymous said...

I love the poem! Thanks to Ann for sharing!

I will send my contribution via Robin! wish I was there....

不离世间觉 said...

good poem.
hope you are well doctor.

不离世间觉 said...

may i know Dr.Lau from HKL got blog?

Michelle Mak said...

can i tag along in dec??