Wednesday, January 23, 2008

2 weeks after the surgery

The wound over my chest became smaller after 2 weeks of everyday dressing. I guess it will completely closed in 1 week or so. The previous Hickman's line tract is still hard and at certain area became a nodule-like mass. Just hope that it is not another collection of infection. The whole last week, I went to the hospital where I work to have the dressing done and I took the chance to meet my colleagues in the department. Some of them suprised since it was their first time we met each other after almost 4 months. Great to meet again the people that you used to work with and it makes me so excited to come back to work...

2 comments:

MC said...

Hey Wolverin,

Great to know you are now more active ! We want to grab you for supper soon!

Anonymous said...

I just checked in to see how you were doing. I had good luck with my Hickman line while a patient of the Fred Hutch in Seattle in 1993. It is not always the case as you have found out. It is one of the speed bumps we bmt patient often face.
This my story. There were no Blogs back then.

http://oc.itgo.com/cancer/gift.htm

I wish the very best

Bob Farmer of the The Max Foundation
robert.farmer@comcast.net