Wednesday, July 2, 2008

great meeting in baveno, italy

Me and Fan, both of us representing our MaxFamily group with our posters
During one of panel discussion
Baveno town viewed from the boat ride

I am safe and and back to Malaysia yesterday. Apart from a bit of jetlag, the rest are okay and I am still excited about the meeting.
Baveno is a small town by the side of elegant Lake Maggiore. The town is a bit quiet but yet I would say a excitingly beautiful place.
I met a lot of great people during the meeting representing support group, physician, drug companies and most of them comes from European and Latin America countries . The whole meeting was about getting to know latest updates on CML and GIST and its treatment and also about advocacy and networking among various support group. I have learned a lot from the meeting and hope it will be another motivation for us to push the group to the next level.
I also took a chance to talk to one of the speaker who apparently a transplanter from Hammersmith, UK and discuss about my progress.
I am seeing a dermatologist next Friday for my bad acne problem and next week I am seeing the hematologist again to review the PCR molecular result.
With the Novartis officials

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

More stories Wolf!

Anonymous said...

more stories.... Wolf ate alooooot of italian food and also Expresso. I guess u will see he putting up weight soon. He gain back his appetite.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, Wolf gained back his appetite from Italy! We need to propose real Italian menu in our local set-up...

I can't wait to see Wolf and Batman!

Anonymous said...

bring photos to show us on this saturday...

Anonymous said...

Yes, he was most keen on gelato, the famous italian ice cream. Wolverine was amazing at the meeting and quite famous as some advocates already knew him through the blog.

Batman went all the way for the Expresso!

nice photos, Wolverine!