Wednesday, April 22, 2009

frequent infection...

I have noticed lately that I can easily caught by viral-kind like infection i.e. intense muscle and bone and joint pain, chills, rigor and even intermittent fever. I think it was not more than 2 weeks ago when I really had bad symptoms together with breathless chest pain before I got it again 2 days ago. But this time it was a shorter course without any treatment.
I told my hematologist when I met him during follow up yesterday and he said, it could be a 'normal' happening to a person who's taking Glivec regularly. Glivec could to some extend may have interfere T lymphocyte  (white cell) function that used to fight common infection. He continues advised me to take  a course of antibiotic whenever I have any sign to suggest that it is bacterial infection. 

2 comments:

arsaili said...

salam doc, hope you will get better n stronger..take care

Fan said...

Hope u will get well soon!