Monday, April 21, 2008

now my eyes were drying

Not long after I started to have mouth problem (which is still burning in pain even when I am taking the least spicy food), I thought I was further stumbled with eyes problem. I noticed that my eyes get easily dried and they tend to stick togather especially when I get up from sleep (the usual symptom when you get conjunctivitis). I promptly left my contact lenses routine completely, in fear that it could worsen the symptom.
Last week I went to see the opthalmologist and after he did a test, it was a problem of tears production and probably from the GVHD effect. Now I have go back to my glasses and intermittently put eye drops to make me feel more comfortable.
The hematologist had told me before that I will have some limited chronic GVHD and to some extent will affect the quality of life. I guess, it is unpredictable when it come to how long that I will have this problem. Though, I am still not as bad since I can do most of the things that I used to do. Yeah, I have tried doing surgery recently and it was fine, except for some mild tremors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you will look even more handsome with glasses....distinguished...