Wednesday, April 2, 2008

my mouth is 'burning'


Lately I noticed that I could not take spicy food anymore. (Frankly speaking, I have slowly started taking spicy food after 3 months post transplant and I didn't have any problem then.) Everytime when I take the meal, I could feel the burning sensation inside the mouth - the feeling like taking a handsful of chillies. After that, I just could not continue eating and it just killed my appetite. When I see inside my mouth, I could see white patches all over. No wonder everyone told me that I am so pale, when in actual fact my lips also turned whitish. Initially I thought it could be an 'oral trush' i.e. fungal infection, but when I had a chance talking to my colleague (pediatric oncologist) over a casual discussion, she thought it could be a sign of GVHD (Graft versus Host Disease). Apparently this GVHD is a good effect since it is an effect that could wash away residual cancer cell but not to the certain extent that it may harm the host (me myself). Anyway, during the last follow up I was warned about having this GVHD problem when the anti rejection drug was further reduced before completely cease next week.
I ll be seeing the doctor next week and hope he will say some good news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Wolverine,

I am so looking forward to seeing you so soon! white stuff or not white stuff, i see you anyway!

Told you I was coming back...

MC said...

And it is almost exactly one year from the day we met last year!