Tuesday, March 25, 2008

my first day-working back again

Yesterday was my first day back to work after almost 7 months I was away. It was a great time meeting with all the people that I used to work with. Everyone also excited apart from being a bit surprised from the feature changes that I had now. My lack of hair, tanned skin ( I am not as fair and white as before- the effect of Glivec) from the effect of chemotherapy has made some of my colleague couldn't recognized on the first look.
But I am glad that they all as warm and kind and looking forward to see me more like I used to be. For the time being, as been reminded by my physician, to take it easy for the first 3 months, to limit the contact with patients. So I just hang around in the office and the most I went to the operating theatre just to say hello to the staff.
By the way, I am still coughing away from throat infection since a week ago and it seems a bit slow to recover. Hope it is not serious....

8 comments:

Mrs Grumble said...

Akum......
Hope u will be happy meeting with all again ...and please let me know abt the thing i gave u to try....need a comment also....TQ

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr Bone,

Now you are back in action! Great!
Happy going back to work. :-)

Nelia said...

Dear Wolf,

Good to hear you back at work!!! Take it easy though.

Anonymous said...

Heeeeeey, You are baaaaaack!!!!!

Good for you. Well, I am coming to see you very soon like i promised you one year ago.

Listen, you are ignoring me so i hope to see you, so please...

Anonymous said...

Good luck back at work, I am hoping to get back mid-May. I also work in a hospital in a patient facing role and I am not sure what the authorities will say about me seeing patients when my immunity is still lowish. My consultant thinks it will be ok.

Look after yourself

Susan in England

Anonymous said...

Salam,
Alhamdulillah...Congrates...Please to hear about your progress.May be we can go out for lunch once everybody free. Take care..... Syima

Anonymous said...

Askum..Dr,maaf dapat datang melawat dr. kat sane..Kami sekeluarga doakn semoga dr. cepat sembuh dan tabah menghadapinya...

..Dari,Fauzi-Segamat,Johor.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum,
Glad to hear this. Alhamdulillah :)