Friday, September 19, 2008

AFTER ONE YEAR


Yesterday was my 'first birthday' since I was transplanted and growing with 'new blood'. It was 18th September 2007 when my brother kindly donated his blood. Looking back to all those days, it was full of emotions and I am glad it was not that bad, at least if I were to see other patients who may have more difficult journey. I would say it was a journey with amazing experience and having said that I always feels that I am always a more fortunate person despite the burden from the transplant and that is how I appreciate the whole thing.
And now after one year, I have got back my 'life'. I have started working and doing my usual stuff (operating and seeing my patients in the clinic- half of them were not realized my 'comeback' and those who did, ask me why I am not as 'white' as before!). I have gradually catched up with my study (I got an exam next year) and started to plan my fellowship attachment now.
I am also getting back on track with the CML support group and I guess there are a lot more to do. People and friends around me always tells me to take it easy and do not stress out. Yes, they were true since my physical and mental may not have reach my previous level, yet. I do always get 'bugs' and it will take a longer time for me to completely recover. But on the other hand, getting back to 'work' make me feel more healthier and lively. At least they see me like what I was before and more 'brightful'.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy 1st new birthday.

nampaknya dr razak muda tiga hari le.

mas

Anonymous said...

Wolf!

Now you are one year old 'baby'.
Congratulations!

You have inspired us a lot, and we learned so much from you and the transplant.

Happy Birthday.

Next month we shall celebrate life together!

3 cheers for you, and your family.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the very very best, one year on!
Hopefully this is the first of very many more 'extra birthdays"

regards
Susan in sunny London
www.caringbridge.org/visit/susanleigh

Anonymous said...

MAS, ROBIN AND SUSAN. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH

DR RAZAK

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! Happy birthday to you!

Anonymous said...

Salam Dr. Razak,
selamat menjalani ibadah puasa. Semoga Dr. dan keluarga sihat2 dan sejahtera selalu.
Bertabahlah, Dr. Razak!!!

Nelia said...

Many you have more birthdays to come!!!

sbanboy said...

Happy belated birthday !!!

Great to see you going strong .. hidup mesti terus

Take k

winnie said...

Hi Dr Razak
I have been following your blog and really admire your fighting spirit.
My grandniece has GIST and I'm wondering whether she can join the Max Foundation.
Anyway, SELAMAT HARI RAYA to u & family.

ajak said...

definitely winnie. see our website and how to contact us at MaxFamily

Anonymous said...

Dear colleague,

I wish you a very bright and succesful future with your family, friends and medical colleagues!

I found your blog while I was looking for articles about SCTX for a presentation...and immediately posted a link to our blog: http://hematologieantwerpen.skynetblogs.be because your medical story is so very accurately written and can help lots of people.

Warm regards,
Ann Van de Velde, MD-Hematologist
Antwerp, Belgium