Tuesday, January 8, 2008

good and not so good news

My last medical review revealed that the virus was not detected on the last blood checkup. This was the effect of daily anti virus that I got for 2 weeks. Good!... in the sense the it will not interfere with the blood cell production anymore. Now my platelet count continue to rise, whereas the white cell count stabilize within the normal range.
My kidney function has return to normal. I was not on steroid anymore and my full moon face has been less appreciable and my weight started to reduce also.
Now, the not so good news is that I have my previous Hickmans line tunnel infected. I noted that the previously completeled healed wound started to break down and continously 'wet' and when I compressed the area it was painful and pus started to come out. I took a course of standard antibiotic but it didn't help. I guess either the germ is more aggressive or the infection took deeper.

Anyway, I saw a general surgeon today and she advised for a minor surgery under daycare tomorrow. I will be admitted tomorrow morning and the operation will be under general anesthesia. The site still painful and I guess the low grade infection had caused me a bit lethargic past few days. I hope it will not become a chronic problem. My appetite? Still catching.....


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ur cell counts have improved which means that u'll be fine, ok.May Allah be with u always.As the saying goes, "no pain no gain".

Wirat said...

It is good to hear to good news, and hope you can cope with the not so good news. You will be fine soon wolf.

Anonymous said...

Hey Wolverin,

good to hear from you!!!!!!!

Well, one obstacle has never stopped the Wolverin!

wow, what a story, this transplant business is something else.....

Keep up the spirit!