Wednesday, February 13, 2008

the good and not so good news: no. 2

For the whole last week, I was admitted. It was not a preplanned decision as I was supoosed to be discharged soon after the daycare surgery. The surgeon felt that I should have the daily 'aggressive' dressing in the ward. The sinus ( i.e the persistent Hickman's tract ) still and even larger than before the first surgery. Now I have an even larger and longer (about a little finger length tunnel) under the skin of my right chest. It has been more than a week now and the team feels that I ought to have a special dyed scan to see the extent of the 'not so SMART' tunnel. Oh.. I just got informed that it is going to be next Friday. The further plan depend on the scan findings. I just could not imagine what surgery I am going to face next...
Anyway, despite all those painful news, I am still in joy when the F.I.S.H (Flourescent In Situ Hybridization) test showed a negative signal. In a more simple meaning, I do not have anymore potential blood cells that carry the cancer signal, at least from the standard test. I am still waiting for another more sensitive test result which was sent down to Singapore about 2 weeks ago.




12 comments:

Mrs Grumble said...

ALHAMDULILLAH....lets all of us pray for another miracle, good news, and everything back to normal.....InsyaAllah......

Anonymous said...

that's great Ajak. my instinct says the other test is also negative!

Anonymous said...

sama-sama kita berdoa kepada Allah semoga terus diberikan good hope and good news InsyaAllah

Anonymous said...

Be a strong man!, be a strong husband! and be a strong daddy! akak tahu U can make it. Salam dari kami semua from Paed' OT and lastly banyak2 kan berzikir OK!

Anonymous said...

Our dear Wolf, it's another challenge and we all know you will overcome it.
You are in our mind everyday!

Great news about FISH!

Wirat said...

You can make it Doctor!

Still have you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum, Kak Maznah sini,
Kami baru lihat bingkisan ini
rasa rindu pulak gelak ketawa mr. Razak, moga cepat sembuh ,boleh kita semua jumpa di Paed's OT.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum, Kak Maznah sini,
Kami baru lihat bingkisan ini
rasa rindu pulak gelak ketawa mr. Razak, moga cepat sembuh ,boleh kita semua jumpa di Paed's OT.

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum, Ajax
Rukman or rocco here, Do you still remember me?..mat zuki, sazali and alls. I came to know about you from one of our juniors..anyway,how do i contact you? I'm really sorry to hear this and may ALLAH bless you and your family..amin

Anonymous said...

rukman or anyone can contact me at abdrazak_muhamad@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey Wolverine,

forget about pain, forget about tunnels and dressings and nurses, the most important thing in your entry is your lack of cancer cells...Wow, Wolverine, i pray this is it!!!!!!!!!!

Then you can come back and inspire us and lead us to be a great group.

Take care, Storm

Anonymous said...

Assalamualaikum Mr. Razak, kami disini akan sentiasa mendoakan supaya Allah sentiasa memelihara anda dan supaya cepat sembuh. Banyak2 bersabar dan berzikir.