Tuesday, February 26, 2008

the much awaited result

As usual I went to the hospital yesterday. First, for my post transplant follow up and secondly for wound dressing.
The much awaited blood result sent to Singapore was ready and it showed that I do still have very, very minimal residual 'tracing' of this cancer marker. However, it is very much below the acceptable value and should not raised any unnecessary worrisome. I still feel so much thankful to God. However, yes, I would be more than happy if the result showed that I do not even have any 'tracing'. Having said that, the next possible plan is to get my brother to again donor his white cell (lymphocytes) for me. These lymphocytes can act as another troop of army to take out those remaining potential cancerous cells. The harvesting procedure is very much similar for him and the infusion process on me is very much minor if compared to the normal transplant process. Albeit, the consequence of GVHD is not something to be considered less seriously. The procedure will be planned after I completed the Cyclosporin, i.e. after 6 weeks times from now.
By the way, the wound on my chest has shown a lot of improvement but still a long way to completely closed. I just hope that it will be sooner so I could resume working in April.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello from London, England where I am on day + 124 after a 'mini' transplant for CML. I have been following your story with interest. I am sorry that your hickman line gave you such problems.
I understand that most people need DLI and that will do the trick. Good luck.
Rather than repeat my story you can follow it ( if you want ) at
www.caringbridge.org/visit/susanleigh
take care
Susan

MC said...

Wolf, hang in there. Things would be better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wolf, I think this is very good results, you are under the care of champion physicians and you are being such a great patient, smart and focused on recovery.

still hoping to see you soon,

Storm

Anonymous said...

InsyaAllah segalanya akan dipermudahkan.

-salam dari jauh-