Tuesday, May 12, 2009

good news indeed


I went for my follow up today and as I reached the hospital, the doctor has actually planned a repeat CT Scan for me this morning itself. So I went straight to the radiology department and got it done for the second time (hopefully it was not an overdose of radiation). Apparently, the previous CT was done not in the expiratory (exhaled) phase. For that matter, it will not picked up collapsed bronchioles (lung smallest airways tree) which was not seen  from the previous CT. This may ascertain the diagnosis of Lung GVHD manifestation i.e. Bronchiolitis Obliterans)
I had a full Lung Function Test yesterday after a few times there were electrical black out during the process. The process involved inhaling and exhaling my breath repeatedly and I almost exhausted after everything was over. 
The findings were discussed with the doctor today and given my previous baseline value (before the transplant), it showed some significant reduction in my lungs function. Buts, still its okay.... I still need to continue taking steroid for a couple of week more before started tapering the dose over 3 to 6 months......

10 comments:

Robin said...

Dear Wolf,

It was indeed good to see you this morning! You are in the good hands, so just make sure you get enough rest and will see you soon.

Storm said...

Dear Dr Wolf,
thanks for the update. I am glad i got to see you last week. you look very handsome still!

Keep up the good work and our prayers for fast recovery.

arsaili said...

salam bro...Alhamdulilah..happy to hear a good news, u take care of urself ok...make sure u r at ur full and fast recovery

Unknown said...

Hi,
I have just caught your updates, so sorry to hear about the lung/breathing problems. So far out from the transplant it must be difficult to reconcile yourself to transplant related issues. I hope that the steroids settle everything down quickly and that it all resolves.
Take care and thinking of you
Susan
London, UK

Anonymous said...

I read your blog through a link from another blog. Be strong, have a good rest and stay healthy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Razak,
I've been a silent reader for a long time and have followed your progress. Alhamdulillah, you are a strong man, and my prayers go out to you and your family. The reason why I am breaking my silence today is to express my concerns with your latest developments. No cause for alarms, but my husband also went through the same process of GVHD and bronchiolitis obliterans after his t'plant. Much emphasis was placed on the GVHD that no one screened him for TB until too much damage was done.
Please take care.
Dr.F

ajak said...

thank you Dr F

adi said...

get well soon bro

ajak said...

thank di. lama tak dengar cerita?

Anonymous said...

I wish not acquiesce in on it. I over precise post. Expressly the title attracted me to read the intact story.