Saturday, October 6, 2007

day eighteen-post transplant

Yes, I am home. So glad. Me and my wife finally packed up almost midnite when the platelet transfusion finished around 10pm. Even though the waiting for the transfusion to end was really hard, I feel sad when I started to walk out from the ward that nite. I could feel that it was like a few days ago that I was admitted and now I was leaving my room that full of memories.
We reached home half an hour before midnite and my kids were already slept. My daughter woke up awhile as she was really excited that I was home. Hemmm....To be at home is far much better...so much better that it could boost my recovery.
So far, I am good. I just feel easily tired whenever I am doing my usual routine like taking my bath, 'solat' and even walk around the hall. I guess it could be from my low hemoglobin (red blood cell- cells that carry oxygen).
I just need to inform everyone that I would be more grateful if I have no visitors at the moment since my immune is still low and and vulnerable. I could feel that my friend all are excited to pay a visit from the continous support that they are giving. Thanks a lot. I really hope we can meet up any time sooner when the condition allowed.
Starting from next week, I will be attending the followup as frequent as twice a week depending on my progress.

8 comments:

MC said...

Hey Wolfpup - Home Sweet Home!

Yesterday night when you were home was another milestone in your journey.

I wish you all the best, and cells, please grow well.

Still the old same advice -
take extra care of yourself and follow all the rules strictly although you are now out from ward.

We will wait patiently for the day, the day that we will go back to the supper place & celebrate big.

Remember the pact we made? One year from now...

Take good care,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Great news.You are home with your family back...
BUT....remember!!! all the rules need to be followed strictly ya...
Hope to meet you soon.Take a good care of yourself.

Anonymous said...

hai,

that good, you're at home finally. ok take care, please follow the do's and the don't.

insya allah ramadan yang akan pergi memberi banyak dugaan dan syawal akan memberi lebih kenangan......

kamariah

Anonymous said...

Dear Wolverine, home at last, good for you. The kids and the whole family must be so happy. i think you are right, this will boost your recovery a lot.

Don't worry about friends, everyone understands that you need to get stronger, so no worries. Everyone will wait, i will wait, and i will come to see you once you are strong.

Just make the best of every day. I ask please that you try to keep up your journal to give us a chance to send you messages and know how you are doing.

Take care!

Anonymous said...

Just dropped in to say Hi
and wonderful you are back from the hospital
now, can be together with your family at home,
ANyway, Hope can celebrate the coming Eid MUbarak with a lot of love........

- Qahhar, HKL-

MC said...

Dear Wolfpup - always focus on recovery, and nothing else. Everyone loves you and want to see you get well soon.

Anonymous said...

Dear Wolfpup,

You must be having a very secial reunion with your wife and children right now. They will surely bring you much strength and love. I am happy for you that you have returned home to your familiar and warm surroundings. I will echo the sentiments of all of your dear friends and say, do take good care of yourself right now. And, of course wishing all the best for your cells as they learn to grow and flourish in their new home environment.

Very best,
Erin (TMF)

Anonymous said...

Dearest friend,

please have patience, you will get better soon and we'll go out for supper and laugh until our jaws hurt.

Everyone loves you and wants you to get better.

be a patient patient.