Friday, October 5, 2007

day seventeen-post transplant


AM:

Praise to God. I was allowed to go home today. Finally, I will be released from 'jail' with doctor's 'bail'. There were a lot of precaution that I have to remember in regards to alarming symptoms, foods, contacts with family and visitors, mask wearing, exercise and recreation and etc. These precaution should always be taken care of as long as my immune system is still low ( could be as long as 6 months) .

Anyway, I have to be transfused with platelet first since today's result was low. My total white cell count has improved a bit to 1.99 (yesterday was 1.54).
I was given a Pentamidine nebulizer ( anti pneumocystic - i.e. opportunistic lung infection that usually easily contracted by immunesuppressed patient). The smell and taste...yeak!!! another horrible experience ( I wonder why the pharmaceutical company didn't put strawberry flavour into the mixture). I breathed through the nebulizer almost an hour until my nose was really stuffed and blocked.

PM:

Hemm... I am not discharged yet since the platelet hasn't arrived from the blood bank. My son must be disappointed now since I told him I ll be back in the afternoon. I wish everything will be ready before late night so I can still catch the time to go home...can't wait to be at home

3 comments:

MC said...

Wolfpup, remember the rules by hard when you're home, you are still a very young new born!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wolverin,

I am so happy for you right now!!!! and I can see your anxiety to actually go home and be with the kids. I can imagine the few hours waiting must be really hard.

Thank you again for providing this window into a stem cell transplant and into your life. Thank you for being so generous and sharing so that others can benefit. This is why you are the leader of the MaxFamily! and this is why we admire you so much (even Robin, who might bully sometimes, she really is caring)

Take good care; hope you go home soon, and keep up this great journal.

munirmuji said...

salam...

bang jak...already back huh?!!glad n very please to hear dat...erm...

selamat hari raya maaf zahir batin...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xMUpB1c5vE
my video in dunedin...hav a look huh...!!