Tuesday, October 9, 2007

day twenty-post transplant

The team came inthe morning and found out evidence of grade 2 GVHD of skin (Graft versus Host Disease) - i.e. a condition where the donor stem cell (graft) start attacking my own cell (host). Usual organ involved are skin, gut mucosa and liver and depending on the severity it will be graded from 1 to 4. In a way, mild GVHD is desired as it can eradicate residual CML cell.
Anyway the doctor has started me on IV Methylprednisolone (steroid) to control the GVHD.
By the way my last night result was a bit suprising but it may explained why I was not really ok yesterday.
Hb: 6.7
Platelet: 10000
Total White: 2.34

I will be transfused with packed cell and platelet today. Hopefully the blood bank have enough for me ( I heard from News that they were really short of blood and moreover, I am now blood group A+ (conversion from my donor blood group; I used to be O+). Anyway, hope for the best.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phew Wolverine,

so good to see you online; very unsettling feeling when you miss an entry.

I am on skype with Robin and we both rushing to beat each other at posting for you.

Take care, stay there for some time and give your body a little time. We wish you only he very best.

Wirat said...

I heard from Robin that you are back to Hospital, again. I hope you all th e best and keep praying for you for your recovery.

Go gentle and take it easy, Wolf.

Anonymous said...

Hi young Wolfie,

Please give your whole body a hug from me. It is working so hard building up superpowers!!

Thinking of you.

Best,
Erin (TMF)