Tuesday, October 16, 2007

day twentyeight- post transplant


I went for my follow up today. My wife drove me to the hospital since she is still on leave. Thank God, my blood result was fine. My white cell count has steadily crawling up to 5.14 and the Hemoglobin has drastically went up to 14.1. Only the platelet that always revolved around 32000. The rest of the investigations were quite okay. My liver enzymes was a bit high and my fasting was normal.

While waiting for the blood results to return, I had a chance to meet with another two post transplant patients. We talked and exchanged experience as if we knew each other long before (that is the miracle when you almost share a same destiny). I gained a lot from them since they had their transplant earlier and they even had gone through more complicated journey than what I had. Deep in my heart, whatever bad experience that I ve been through, there is always another people telling their plights and ordeals that make me feel I should be more thankful and honour life......

3 comments:

Wirat said...

Hi Wolf,

Good to see improvement in your blood result and also on your health.

Go gently and take it easy!

Anonymous said...

Dear Wolverine,

so good to hear you are progressing quite steadely! Keep up the good work and take it easy.

So glad to hear also that your kids are back home; they will keep you entertained.

We miss you and can't wait to all be together again and have celebration SUPPER.

Haven't seen comment from Robin, hem, too lazy now?

Anonymous said...

Seems like Storm is missing Robin?

Robin is here. Good morning everyone!

Yes, I can't wait to have the gang together again for SUPPER! A year from now.

Wolfpup, you are always my HERO - see, you are doing so well. We will continue pray for your steady recovery.