Monday, September 24, 2007

day five-post transplant


Wow..Alhamdulillah! Each new day is a great day. My persistent headache and dizziness were almost disappeared. I don't have them anymore. At least I can focus on a few things that I have left behind since last week. I have left making entries in my journal (book) since I was really 'down' last week. Now I have a lot of pages to fill, retrospectively. Compared to blog journal, the writing of story in the book journal is much details and I want to make it something really precious in my life. Something that can remind me those sweet and difficult days when I read it in future.
My total white count has gone really down, to 0.2 and it will go until zero before it will start to crawl up again around day 14 post transplant which is a week from now. This time around I really have to be cautious. The fever may come and I may a bit weaker. The platelet (clotting cells) is now around 50,000. There is a risk of platelet transfusion but see how it goes. I don't have any bleeding tendency right now.
A few of my friends and realtives had called and sms me that they really want to visit me. I have to say that it may not possible at this moment since I am strictly isolated and the risk of contracting any infection or even common infection is very high at this time around. The simplest infection to normal people may be really dangerous for me. This is true for may be another 100days and I am afraid that I would have to restrict visitors. It was so sad when someone wish to meet during this coming Hari Raya celebration. But its for my own good and I hope everyone will understand. I really appreciate everyone's wish...someday later, I ll make myself the one who is going to visit them...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Dearest friends,
Happy to read your blog, take good care and we are always be around with u!..CHEERS!!!

Wirat said...

Dear Wolf,

It is always good to hear from you. And it is great to hear that you are getting better today.

Due to your 100 days of restriction visitors, I might need to postpone my plane to see you in November since I am close relative to 'Virus '- remember my name is 'Wirat'! :p

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I am just so happy that you are getting better and better each day. Take care and God Bless.......

MC said...

Dear Wolfpup,

You are still as handsome as before, so don't worry, OK?

Hahaha.... we want your pictures!

Bakawali said...

Hi Ajak,

Glad you are feeling much better. Kak Ramlah (of Ortho Clinic) wishes that you get well very soon, they all miss you a lot a work.

I have been reading your blog almost everyday and keeping those without internet updated... sorry for being a 'kepochi'.. rest assured there are a lot of people praying for the success of the transplant and for your speedy recovery.

Take care

Lynn

Anonymous said...

Dear Wolfpup,

We totally understand that you cannot see anyone, so we are ok with writing to you in the blog.

When you feel strong, please chat with us in skype. This is such a treat for all of us.

We will wait for you to get better and then...you will never get rid of us ever again!!!!!

Keep up the good work and do not expose yourself to anything!!!!!